Checking and replacing your existing roof is a major responsibility. It is time consuming, expensive, and can make you struggle with various decisions. These range from roof shingle styles to tile material and color, in order to add utmost functionality and visual appeal to your roof. So, the very first thing that you need to do is to find a reliable and reputable roofer that will do a good job for you. Fortunately, you can get the help of professional tile roof services in San Ramon to perform your roof replacement or repair with ease.
There are a few things that you need to be familiar with about roof replacement, so that you know what to ask for and what to expect from your roofer. Listed below are five important things that you should know before replacing your roof.
1. Your Roofing Options: There are numerous roofing options to choose from. However, make sure to consider the functionality and robustness of different roofing materials before making your decision. Following are some of the most popular roofing material options to choose from:
– Ceramic, Concrete, or Clay Tile – These roofing materials are extremely fire-resistant and can provide aesthetically appealing looks along with great durability. Proper installation of clay or ceramic roof tiles can be expected to last 80-100 years. You can also opt for concrete roof tiles with an average lifespan of 50 years.
– Asphalt Composition Shingles – It is another popular roofing option because of its matchless durability and aesthetic looks. It has an average life expectancy of 30 to 50 years.
– Metal Roofing – Although metal roofs are a bit expensive, they are extremely strong, offer great insulation, durability, and can last for as long as 50 years or more.
– Slate Roofing – It is a high-end roofing option that can provide a luxurious look to your home. In addition to this, slate is incredibly durable, and can serve you for as long as 100 to 125 years.
2. Which Roof Part Needs To Be Replaced?
It is important to know that there are two main layers in every roof: the underlayment and the shingles. In most cases, the underlayment remains to be in excellent condition, and it is the shingles that need to be replaced.
If this is the case for your roof, you can choose from the two options – either remove the old shingles, and install new ones or simply lay the new shingles above the old ones. Make sure that you consider some key factors, like the weight of the material, budget restrictions, etc. while deciding on your next roofing option.
3. Cost of Roof Replacement
The cost of your roof replacement will depend greatly on the roofing material that you choose. If your home is smaller in size, you can opt for three-tab composite roofing. You could also opt for wood shingles. Another option to consider is investing in natural slate shingles.
4. When Should You Replace Your Roof?
If your current home roof is posing a safety threat, you should consider getting it replaced as soon as possible. If you’re not able to determine the current condition of your home roof, you can consult professional roofers, and seek suggestions for your roofing problems.
5. Be an Informed Homeowner
Roof replacement is a major investment, so make sure you don’t leave anything to chance. Try to stay as informed as possible, and evaluate each of your choices carefully before making any decisions.
If you’re in need of tile roof replacements or repairs in San Ramon, you can contact the expert roofers of Roof Tile Custom Specialists, Inc at 925-634-8700, and request a free estimate today.